In Northeast Iowa there are a number of cats available for adoption, many listed here. There are even more stray cats, litters of kittens, and cats needing rehoming. Since we do not yet have a shelter, and have only two foster homes willing to foster cats, HSNEI can help by providing courtesy listings for cats on our website and providing contact information for shelters that may be able to help.
If you want us to list your cat for adoption on our website and Petfinder, please email several good quality photos of your cat, as well as a detailed description of your cat to [email protected]. Make sure your description includes:
- Description of the cat in terms of breed, coloring, likes and dislikes
- Brief medical history of the cat
- Description of cat's temperament
- Recommendations for cats, dogs, and children
- Make sure you present your cat in a positive light!
If the situation is more urgent and you need to immediately rehome your cat, please contact one of the following locations that may be able to help.