Humane Society of Northeast Iowa (HSNEI)
Spay/Neuter Assistance Program (SNAP)
Before filling out the application below, please read the following:
SNAP is being funded by grants and donations. Funds are limited so all applicants may not receive spay or neuter services through this program. Your application will be kept on record and as funds become available, you will be contacted. You will be notified within two weeks of the receipt of your application.
HSNEI is offering free or discounted spay/neuter procedures to Northeast Iowa residents who meet household income guidelines:
Below $2500 net monthly income: free spay or neuter
$30,001- $39, 999 annual net income: applicant pays $20 for cat, $40 for dog
$40,000 – $49,999 annual net income: applicant pays $30 for cat, $50 for dog
$50,000 and above net annual income: no assistance
If you qualify for assistance, please fill out the attached application and include the following:
- Verification of income
- Verification of NE Iowa County residency
Please be aware that if you cannot verify that your pet has been vaccinated, the cooperating veterinarians may require vaccination at the time of spaying/neutering. This will be at your cost. The financial assistance being offered by this program is to be applied toward spaying/neutering only and will not apply toward physical exams, vaccinations, complications from the surgery, or other procedures.
1. Complete application online, scan and email income and residency verification to [email protected] or mail to
2345 Millennium Road
Decorah, IA 52101
2. HSNEI will verify income and residency and notify you of which veterinarian to contact for an appointment.
3. You must contact the specified veterinarian within one week of notification to set appointment for the spay/neuter procedure to occur within one month.
4. Be sure and bring proof of vaccination to the veterinarian appointment.