Participation in the HSNEI's programs is subject to the observance of the organization's rules and procedures. The activities outlined below are strictly prohibited. Any board member, volunteer or staff member who violates this Code is subject to discipline, up to and including removal from the organization.
· Abusive language towards a staff member, volunteer, board member or other participant.
· Use of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs on HSNEI's property or reporting to the program while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
· Bringing onto HSNEI's property dangerous or unauthorized materials such as explosives, firearms, weapons or other similar items.
· Discourtesy or rudeness to a fellow volunteer, staff member or board member.
· Verbal or physical harassment of a board member, staff member or volunteer.
· Actual or threatened violence toward any individual or group.
· Conduct endangering the life, safety, health or well-being of others.
· Failure to follow any HSNEI policy or procedure.
· Bullying or taking unfair advantage of any volunteer, staff member or board member.
. Using a social or public forum to harm the reputation of HSNEI.
The personnel committee will review all code of conduct violations. The committee can issue an oral warning, written warning, or depending on the severity of the violation, recommend removal from HSNEI. Details of perceived violations should be emailed to [email protected]
Copyright Humane Society of Northeast Iowa, 2012. All rights reserved.